|YELLOW JASMINE RICE|
|Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Servers: 6
• 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 tsp turmeric
• .5 Tbsp minced garlic
• .75 tsp ground cumin
• .75 tsp cinnamon
• 1 whole bay leaf
• 2 Tbsp butter
1) Heat the butter, turmeric, garlic, cumin, and cinnamon in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir and heat until the butter has melted.
2) Add the dry rice to the pot. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes to slightly toast the rice and spices. You may hear a slight popping or crackling noise as the rice toasts.
3) Add 3 cups of chicken broth and one bay leaf to the pot. Place a lid on top, increase the heat to high, and bring the pot to a rolling boil. As soon as it reaches a full boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let it simmer (with the lid in place) for 20 minutes.
4) After letting it simmer for 20 minutes, turn the heat off and let it rest (do not remove the lid) for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve!
|EGG FRIED RICE|
|Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Servers: 4
• 2 tablespoons groundnut oil ( peanut)
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 14 ounces cooked jasmine rice
• 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
• 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
• Dash toasted sesame oil
• Pinch freshly cracked white pepper
• 1 large spring onion (green), finely
Heat a wok over a high heat and add 1 tablespoon groundnut oil. Add the eggs and scramble for a few minutes, then remove them from the wok, and set side. Wipe down the wok.
Reheat the wok and add the remaining groundnut oil. Add the rice, and stir well to break up the grains. Then, add the tomatoes, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
Return the eggs to the wok, and season with the soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper, to taste. Add the spring onions, and mix well. Serve immediately.